Forward Together is looking for a mission-driven, organized team player to fill a key administrative role in our Echoing Ida program. We’re looking for someone with a love for logistics and internal systems who is also a strong communicator and relationship builder. This work requires a flexible problem-solver who can coordinate events, meet needs of program participants, and track details while keeping the bigger picture in mind. This position works under the supervision of the Echoing Ida Program Manager and will work closely with our Digital Strategist and Administrative Coordinator.
WHO WE ARE
Forward Together unites communities to win rights, recognition and resources for all families. We transform culture and policy to work for all of us nationwide. Since our founding in 1989, we have continually fought to dismantle the ways our society marginalizes us based on race, sexuality, and gender. Today, we build courage and foster connection among our multi-racial community of changemakers to secure the rights, recognition and resources all families need to thrive.
Echoing Ida is a culture shift program of Forward Together. A home for Black women and non-binary writers, Echoing Ida builds narrative power for our communities through media and storytelling.
Echoing Ida Administrative Support
- Manages logistics for all events, including conferences and annual 3-day Echoing Ida retreat.
- Schedules meetings with internal team, program participants, consultants and external partners; also provides note-taking support.
- Maintains Echoing Ida participant tracking database, including media monitoring and story collection.
- Collaborates with Echoing Ida Program Manager to assess and meet participant needs.
- Drafts and sends monthly newsletter to Forward Together staff and Echoing Ida participants.
- Coordinates Echoing Ida program calendar in Asana and Google Calendar.
- Processes check requests, reimbursements, and all contract and finance paperwork.
- Helps create tools, reports, worksheets and other program collateral.
Echoing Ida Communications Support
- Collaborates with Echoing Ida team to develop and implement digital strategies.
- Creates and maintains Echoing Ida content for forwardtogether.org.
- With Echoing Ida Program Manager and Media Strategist, supports maintenance of the Echoing Ida Twitter account by creating social media graphics, scheduling posts, curating content and monitoring social media landscape.
- Responds to or redirects program inquiries.
- Loads emails in EveryAction.
- Coordinates Truth Teller Network call and event logistics, including creating RSVP pages, uploading registrants to EveryAction.
- Supports Truth Teller Network participant engagement tracking in EveryAction.
Forward Together Communications Support
- Reviews Forward Together emails for quality assurance.
- Maintains email spreadsheet database with data entry, tagging and cleanup.
- Processes expenses.
- Updates forwardtogether.org.
- Writes image descriptions for all visual content to ensure accessibility.
- Participates in monthly all-staff meetings and quarterly strategy sessions.
- Participates in all-staff grassroots fundraising activities.
- Participates in our Courageous Practice, a mind/body approach to strategy and movement building. For more information, see this video.
Experience with various systems and software for:
- Customer relationship management (EveryAction)
- Graphic design (Canva and Adobe Photoshop)
- Project management (Asana)
- Video conferencing (Zoom)
- Team communication (Slack)
- File management (Box)
- Computing (Google Suite and Microsoft Office)
- Social media (Hootsuite)
Knowledge of our specific software and systems is preferred, but not required.
- Experience performing project administrative and operations roles.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment to Forward Together’s mission and social justice.
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Strong ability to use systems, manage calendars and organize information.
- Careful attention to detail, including grammar and visual presentation.
- Comfort working both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong orientation towards growth, improvement, experimentation and creative thinking.
- Ability to travel required: 3-4 three-day trips per year.
- Experience working with Black communities and people across the gender and sexuality spectrum.
- Preferred interest in narrative/culture shift, especially through writing and journalism.
People of color, people with disabilities, Indigenous, queer, transgender, non-binary and gender nonconforming people strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in the position and relevant qualifications. Send it along with your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those selected for further discussion.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Regular, Non-Exempt, At-Will
Compensation: $46K – $56K depending on experience, plus generous benefits and PTO
Reports to: Echoing Ida Program Manager
Deadline: February 21, 2019 (or until filled)