Classification: Independent Contractor
Forward Together unites communities to win rights, recognition and resources for all families. We transform culture and policy to work for all of us nationwide. Since our founding in 1989, we have continually fought to dismantle the ways our society marginalizes us based on race, sexuality, and gender. Today, we build courage and foster connection among our multi-racial community of changemakers to secure the rights, recognition and resources all families need to thrive.
The consultant will work with Forward Together to build strategic and effective digital media campaigns surrounding our culture shift work and fundraising.
Scope of Work
- Develop and implement effective digital campaign strategies the increases Forward Together’s visibility and revenues, including:
- writing and editing email fundraising appeals that get opens, clicks and conversions
- drawing from Forward Together’s vast repository of art to develop creative digital fundraising strategies
- developing engaging email messages related to culture shift projects that feature art and storytelling
- optimizing donation page/popup copy to maximize conversion rates, including post-action email and social sharing copy
- Incorporating the use of segmentation and ladder of engagement in order to cultivate new donors
- Gain a deep understanding of the organization’s past and present and and weave the organization’s story into the fundraising messages throughout the second half of 2019 in celebration of our 30th anniversary.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to act as a thought-partner in building strategic and effective digital campaigns.
- Expertise in write engaging email messages related to culture shift projects that feature art and storytelling
- Ability to write, edit and optimize copy for social media fundraising appeals, including paid and organic social
- Knowledge of the ethical use of stories gathered from community leaders for online fundraising and culture shift
- Knowledge of EveryAction or similar CRM and the ability to load and update email and donation pages
- A deep understanding of the communities we serve and a high level of cultural competency and sensitivity regarding the intersections of race, gender, ability, class and sexuality.
- Must have significant experience working in communities of color, trans and queer communities and those at the intersections.
- Identify new tactics and opportunities to reach and cultivate donors.
- Committed to Forward Together’s mission and social justice
- Experience with EveryAction or similar CRM
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and systematic
- Strong initiative and self-starter with excellent follow-through
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, especially in writing, copy-editing, data entry and data management
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Good people skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work well in teams and use direct communication to express needs
- Comfort and experience dealing with numbers and elementary math
The consultant will work with Forward Together around the year on a flexible basis (up to 10 hours per week) with increased capacity (20-25 hours) at the following times of the year :
- FT’s 30th Anniversary (July-August)
- Trans Day of Resilience (November 20, October-November)
- End of Year fundraising (November-December), including both strategy and execution.
Contract will begin on June 1, 2019 and end on December 31, 2019
To apply, please send the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Work Samples:
- One sample of a successful fundraising email appeal including response and conversion metrics
- One fundraising-related ad or post for a social media platform, with response and conversion rates.
- Due by: May 8th
The amount of this contract is $100-$150/hour not to exceed $5800/month. Once contract is awarded, the contractor and Forward Together staff will develop and agree upon a full scope of work outlining activities, hours spent on each activity, and billable amounts.