The Development Coordinator is responsible for leading donor stewardship programs, logistics for fundraising/donor cultivation events, managing the Major Donor portfolio and providing administrative and operational support in the execution of Forward Together’s individual and institutional fundraising strategies. This position plays a key role in ensuring the growth and sustainability of our organization through record keeping, data management, donor communications, and project management. Duties include building relationships with donors, tracking donations and grants, mailing coordination, database entry and management, and prospect research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Donor Stewardship
- Responds to inquiries related to donations and reaches out to donors for additional/updated contact information, answer donor questions, etc.
- Manages acknowledgment letters – keep them current and ensure that they refer to the campaign that the donor responded to.
- Coordinates mailings with support from the Administrative Coordinator, including ordering materials from vendors
- Coordinates thank you calls in and out of our donor systems for all staff
- Major Donor Project Support
- Conducts research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors; prepares donor profiles.
- Manages system for tracking major donor profiles
- Tracks communication about and fulfillment of all pledges (immediate and over time – i.e. Five to Thrive)
- Creates reports to track progress of program
- Data Entry and Donor Systems
- Maintains all donor records and trouble-shoots data needs
- Processes donations in EveryAction CRM and sends thank you letters to donors within 48 hours of receipt of gift. Print, sign and prepare to mail.
- Produce lists for donor mailings and reports.
- Oversees adoption and integration of WealthEngine data & tools
- Team lead for data clean up and adoption of integrated CRM
- Serves as a user and customer support contact for online donation platforms, including EveryAction, Benevity, and other workplace giving portals.
- Creates, formats and tests donor emails and donation pages in EveryAction or current email marketing platform.
- Manages lists for personalized EOY fundraising and track gifts.
- Writes reports and prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
- Develops and implements ongoing training and support for the Devo team to ensure integrity of data, adoption of best practices and real-time troubleshooting.
- Event logistics & Institutional Fundraising Support
- Supports logistics for house parties, major donor and funder events, which may include establishing fundraising goals.
- Processes and tracks grant agreement letters
- Maintains up-to-date foundation prospect database
- Executive Assistant to Development Director
- Manages scheduling and follow up for major donor and funder meetings
- Tracks meeting notes and files Field Reports
- Meets weekly to manage calendar and deadlines
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Building an Organizational Culture of Philanthropy
- Works with all staff to ensure participation and follow through on fundraising activities, including the major end of year mail appeal, phone banks, and peer-to-peer campaigns.
- Provides leadership and training to staff on fundraising efforts, including sharing of best practices and providing tools, information and resources to strengthen fundraising efforts.
- Plans and oversees internal communication that informs staff of fundraising progress.
- Recruits and supervises interns or volunteers for grassroots fundraising activities.
- Staff Teams and Administrative Systems
- Actively participates in monthly all-staff meetings and quarterly strategy/evaluation sessions.
- Travels to other offices for strategy/evaluation sessions up to 2 times a year.
- Effectively utilizes all financial and 501c3 related management systems. (Examples include: accurate and on-time reporting of time sheets, lobbying, credit card expenses, etc.)
- Accurately tracks and reports lobbying activities.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software – Salesforce and EveryAction
- Database user interface and query software – Foundation Directory Online (FDO) and WealthEngine
- Relevant software – Proficiency with Microsoft Office, web browsers, Gmail, Google Calendar and the basics of spreadsheet, database and video conferencing software
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds/behavior or take an action.
- Critical thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Committed to Forward Together’s mission and social justice
- Previous experience in Development preferred
- Customer service, relational approach to ensuring that our communications with donors are responsive, professional, and timely
- Highly organized and systematic
- Strong initiative and self-starter with excellent follow-through
- Good people skills and a positive attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, especially in writing, copy-editing, data entry and data management
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams and use direct communication to express needs
- Comfort and experience dealing with numbers and elementary math
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language of English used in the workplace, with a preference for bilingual (Spanish preferred.)
COMPENSATION, HOURS, LOCATION
This is a full time, salaried position based in Oakland, CA. Your schedule may vary based on need and could extend into the early evening, with some weekend hours. Exact salary will be determined upon hiring but will be in the range of $45k to $55k. Benefits are generous, with fully paid employee and dependent coverage for health, vision, and dental; and long-term disability insurance. Paid time off includes sick, vacation, and personal days and holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Forward Together is an equal opportunity employer that supports and lives diversity in our staffing and values. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women; people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals; and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming communities. Forward Together complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest in the position and making the case for the relevance of their experience to the key areas of focus. The cover letter can be submitted together with a current resume to: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through February 1st, 2019 or until filled. Early submissions are encouraged. To learn more about Forward Together visit our website: https://forwardtogether.org/