The Development Coordinator is responsible for leading donor stewardship programs, logistics for fundraising/donor cultivation events, and providing administrative and operational support in the execution of Forward Together’s individual and institutional fundraising strategies. This position plays a key role in ensuring the growth and sustainability of our organization through record keeping, data management, donor communications, and project management. Duties include tracking donations and grants, coordinating mailings, database entry and management, prospect research and building relationships with donors.
Reports to: Individual Giving Manager
Classification: Full-time, Permanent, At-Will
Location: Oakland, California or Albuquerque, NM
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
Benefits: Benefits are generous, with fully paid employee and dependent coverage for health, vision and dental; and long-term disability insurance. Paid time off includes sick, vacation and holidays.
Deadline to apply: May 3rd, 2019 or open until filled. We encourage applicants to apply early as we will hire before the deadline if a candidate is identified.
Start Date: June 2019
WHO WE ARE
Forward Together is a multi-racial, multi-issue organization whose mission is to transform culture and policy to work for all families. We build courage and foster connection among our multi-racial community of change makers to secure rights, recognition and resources for our families. We are women of color, immigrants, indigenous people, queer and TGNC folks of color who seek to build power and resources so we have self-determination over our bodies, our sexuality and family formation.
You would be working with a team of committed, enthusiastic and smart people who work hard, laugh easily and are eager to attract, develop and support leaders like yourself in advancing social justice. Find out more about us at forwardtogether.org.
You are perfect for this position if…
- You believe in abundance and are excited to empower our communities through grassroots fundraising.
- You love details while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- You are an effective communicator and active listener.
- You enjoy collaborating across teams and you love keeping people organized and on task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Donor Stewardship
- Responds to inquiries related to donations and reaches out to donors for additional/updated contact information.
- Manages donor appreciation, including acknowledgment letters and phone calls.
- Coordinates mailings with support from the Administrative Coordinator, including ordering materials from vendors.
- Provides support to Director of Philanthropic Partnerships for Major Donor program, including research, donor profiles, reports and pledge tracking.
- Data Entry and Donor Systems
- Maintains all donor records and trouble-shoots data needs; produces lists for donor mailings and reports.
- Processes donations in EveryAction CRM and sends thank you letters to donors within 48 hours of receipt of gift.
- Serves as a user and customer support contact for online donation platforms, including EveryAction, Benevity, and other workplace giving portals.
- Creates, formats and tests donor emails and donation pages in EveryAction or current email marketing platform.
- Development Team Support
- Meets weekly with Director of Philanthropic Partnerships to manage scheduling and follow up for major donor and funder meetings.
- Develops and implements ongoing training and support for the Development team to ensure integrity of data, adoption of best practices and real-time troubleshooting; develops written reports and presentations.
- Supports logistics for house parties, major donor and funder events.
- Processes and tracks grant agreement letters.
- Maintains up-to-date foundation prospect database.
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Builds an Organizational Culture of Philanthropy
- Works with all staff to ensure participation and follow through on fundraising activities, including the major end of year mail appeal, phone banks, and peer-to-peer campaigns.
- Provides leadership and training to staff on fundraising efforts, including sharing of best practices and providing tools, information and resources to strengthen fundraising efforts.
- Recruits and supervises interns or volunteers for grassroots fundraising activities.
- Staff Teams and Administrative Systems
- Actively participates in monthly all-staff meetings and quarterly strategy/evaluation sessions.
- Travels to other offices for strategy/evaluation sessions up to 2 times a year.
- Effectively utilizes all financial management systems (examples include: accurate and on-time reporting of time sheets, lobbying, credit card expenses, etc.).
- Accurately tracks and reports lobbying activities.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software – Salesforce and EveryAction
- Database user interface and query software – Foundation Directory Online (FDO) and WealthEngine
- Relevant software – Proficiency with Microsoft Office, web browsers, Gmail, Google Calendar and the basics of spreadsheet, database and video conferencing software
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds/behavior or take an action.
- Critical thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Committed to Forward Together’s mission and social justice
- Previous experience in Development preferred
- Customer service, relational approach to ensuring that our communications with donors are responsive, professional, and timely
- Highly organized and systematic
- Strong initiative and self-starter with excellent follow-through
- Good people skills and a positive attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, especially in writing, copy-editing, data entry and data management
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams and use direct communication to express needs
- Comfort and experience dealing with numbers and elementary math
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language of English used in the workplace, with a preference for bilingual (Spanish preferred)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Forward Together is an equal opportunity employer that supports and lives diversity in our staffing and values. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women; people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals; and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming communities. Forward Together complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest in the position and making the case for the relevance of their experience to the key areas of focus. The cover letter can be submitted together with a current resume to: email@example.com. Please submit your application with the subject line: Your Last Name, Your First Name – Development Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted through May 3rd, 2019 or until filled. Early submissions are encouraged. To learn more about Forward Together visit our website: forwardtogether.org