Job Announcement: Census Engagement Organizer
Classification: Temporary, Part Time
Salary: $17/hour, $19/hour if Bilingual in Spanish
Reports to: Oregon Census Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Duration of employment: March 16th, 2020 – August 1st, 2020
Deadline to apply: February 23, 2020
WHO WE ARE
Forward Together transforms culture and policy to work for all of us nationwide. Since our founding in 1989, we have continually fought to dismantle the ways our society marginalizes us based on race, gender and sexuality. Today, we build courage and foster connection among our multi-racial community of changemakers to secure the rights, recognition and resources all families need to thrive.
Across our country, and in our organization, we envision communities where we are all at home, where we take care of and respect each other, and where everyone is better off. We value the shared leadership of people of color, women, immigrants, LGBTQ+ and Indigenous people in building this future.
We are part of the #WeCountOregon team, a coordinated statewide effort to ensure that every Oregonian—especially people of color, native people, children under 5, renters, immigrants, people with limited English proficiency, and multiple family homes—are counted in the 2020 US census.
Forward Together is looking for enthusiastic and qualified leaders to join our census engagement outreach team in 2020.
Forward Together and #WeCountOregon are looking to build political power for communities of color during the 2020 census. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to engage in campaign and community organizing.
You are an ideal census engagement organizer if…
- You enjoy team settings
- You love talking to people
- You have a positive attitude
- You love to engage with community members
- You have a passion for people and purpose
- You want to amplify the leadership and power of women and non-binary people of color and Indigenous people by supporting policies and practices of a national, movement building non-profit
- Ability to work 8 hours per day, on scheduled workdays
- Ability to attend trainings throughout the campaign
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Basic computer skills required
- Must be punctual
- Drug and alcohol-free during work hours
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to take direction and feedback
- Not required, but previous campaign experience is a plus
- Not required, but bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Outreach team will work up to 24 hours a week on the following schedule
- Monday: 3:00PM-9:00PM
- Tuesday: 3:00PM-9:00PM
- Wednesday: 3:00PM-9:00PM
- Saturday: 9:30 AM-3:30PM
- Dinner will be provided on days we are not door knocking
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants can fill out the application by clicking on the following link:
- Please fill out to the best of your ability
People of color, people with disabilities, Indigenous, queer, transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming people strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.
To learn more about Forward Together visit our website: https://forwardtogether.org