Employment Type: Full-time, Regular, Exempt, At-Will
Compensation: $45-55k DOE, plus full benefits and generous PTO
Reports to: Executive Director/Deputy Director
Location: Oakland, California
Deadline: Open until filled. Qualified applicants will be screened and advanced on a rolling basis.
Forward Together is seeking a friendly, professional Executive Assistant to provide dedicated support to our Executive Director and Deputy Director, including meeting coordination, travel logistics, administrative support and special projects. This role also represents the Executive Director and the organization to key stakeholders, including board members, funders, partners, and members of the media. The ideal candidate is courteous, thoughtful, and timely, and possesses the ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks without dropping the ball. This is an exciting opportunity for someone dedicated to supporting racial and gender justice!
Who We Are
Forward Together transforms culture and policy to work for all of us nationwide. Since our founding in 1989, we have continually fought to dismantle the ways our society marginalizes us based on race, sexuality, and gender. Today, we build courage and foster connection among our multi-racial community of changemakers to secure the rights, recognition and resources all families need to thrive.
Across our country, and in our organization, we envision communities where we are all at home, where we take care of and respect each other, and where everyone is better off. We value the shared leadership of people of color, women, immigrants, LGBTQ+ and Indigenous people in building this future. Find out more about us at forwardtogether.org.
The Executive Assistant anticipates and responds to a variety of executive-level and administrative needs. Key priorities for this position include interfacing with organizational stakeholders, providing scheduling and travel support, and coordinating events and meetings.
You are perfect for this position if...
- You like people. They like you back. You are responsive and professional, and people love working with you.
- Multi-tasker is your middle name. Timelines, lists, and outcomes are your friends – you get it done!
- You have a fanatical attention to detail. You pride yourself in not letting things fall through the cracks.
- You understand – and care about – executive needs. You know that leadership comes with unique and ever-changing responsibilities – and can proactively anticipate and respond to their needs.
- You're fun! Work gets hard. You can laugh at yourself and with others in times of difficulty.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Acts as point of contact between executives and stakeholders, including funders, media, board members and organizational partners.
- Provides professional, courteous, and timely responses to stakeholder needs and requests.
- Organizes and maintains ED calendar, crafting a spacious and healthy pacing of meetings, planning, and preparation. Ensures ED is on time and prepared for meetings.
- Plans and coordinates board of directors meetings; tracks and files board minutes and votes.
- Coordinates executive events and other assigned meetings.
- Coordinates all executive and board travel arrangements and provides prompt on-call support.
- Completes and files executive expense reports, invoice requests, and all other accounting-related paperwork.
- Reviews and flags important mail and messages for the ED.
- Researches, writes, copyedits, and/or prepares presentations, speeches, field reports, and other content as needed.
- Provides back up support when administrative staff are absent.
- Experience working in partnership with, by and for communities of color. Commitment to Forward Together's mission and social justice. Experience working with a nonprofit preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience providing executive or administrative support. Experience working with multiple supervisors preferred.
- A confident, friendly, professional, and helpful attitude, with willingness, independence, and initiative to take on small or large tasks.
- Highly organized and systematic, with excellent time and project management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to control and handle information that is highly confidential and time-sensitive in nature.
- Demonstrated experience planning and staffing events and arranging travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, GSuite, and CRM platforms. Internet research skills a plus.
- Available for some evening and weekend activities.
- Ability to drive. Valid California driver's license and, if driving own car, proof of insurance coverage meeting Forward Together's organizational insurance levels.
People of color, queer, transgender, gender nonconforming people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant Search”.
No phone calls, please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for further discussion will be contacted.