Position: Information Technology Manager
Forward Together is looking for a full-time, well-rounded IT professional to lead information technology planning, project management, and execution. The successful candidate will have skills in cloud services, data security, technical support, and training. We are looking for someone excited to build strategic technology capacity in a progressive, not-for-profit environment! Applications due February 15, 2017.
Who We Are
Forward Together is a multi-racial organization whose mission is to ensure that women, youth and families have the power and resources they need to reach their full potential and have self- determination over their bodies, their sexuality, and family formation. Our bold and innovative campaigns move policy and change conditions so that all families can thrive. Find out more about us at forwardtogether.org.
- Commercial Offices in Oakland, CA and Albuquerque, NM with remote home-based staff in three time zones.
- Client Machine Hardware includes primarily Dell brand desktops and laptops (running Windows 7 and 10).
- Primary cloud-based file sharing and management on Box. Additional single server provides basic file sharing in Oakland office.
- Primary applications include MSOffice, G Suite, Box, Salesforce, Salsa, Asana, QuickBooks, and GoToMeeting.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Leads IT annual and quarterly planning, and supports effective program planning related to IT needs and services.
- Collaborates with Organizational Growth Director to recommend policies, procedures, and budgets and develop long-term IT strategic plans.
- Identifies IT hardware and software requirements and leads implementation, including purchasing, set up/configuring, maintaining, updating/replacing, monitoring, etc.
- Manages initial provisioning, integration, and ongoing configuration of IT infrastructure, including computers, servers, network performance and security, data backup, hosted cloud services, domain registration/acquisition. Leads infrastructure maintenance and administration.
- Develops, maintains, and enforces IT security and disaster preparedness documentation, protocols and practices.
- Strengthens staff use of technology to streamline work flows and increase efficiency. Designs and implements effective technical support and help desk services, including training and onboarding.
- Ensures effective high-use remote communications environment, including managing AV and telecommunications equipment, training, and usage.
- Selects and manages IT contractors and vendors as needed.
- Ability to formulate and see through solutions to address Forward Together's specific IT needs, create workflows to streamline complex processes, and improve productivity.
- Experience building and integrating a cloud-based infrastructure, including provisioning, support, migration, and networking.
- Ability to administer Microsoft Office, cloud-based file management (Box), G Suite, and project management software (Asana).
- Both remotely and in person, experience troubleshooting technical issues, assisting staff with technical problems, and training end users with a wide range of technology experience, skills, locations, and comfort.
- Experience with database configuration, support, and reporting in Salesforce or other constituent relationship management (CRM) platforms.
- High technical aptitude and systems mindset, with excellent time and project management skills, and the ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to control and handle information that is highly confidential and time-sensitive in nature.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds, with a friendly, helpful, and patient demeanor, even in times of stress
- Ability to move equipment, set up and dismantle workstations (may require crawling under desks, etc.)
- Experience working with or in a not-for-profit and awareness of social justice issues.
- Experience launching or using help desk systems.
- Familiarity or experience with configuring and maintaining Windows networking services including authentication and directory services.
- Experience with data management, reporting, and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Competitive salary DOE, plus generous benefits and PTO
Oakland, California; this job may be worked from a remote location
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "IT Manager Search".
Note that e-mail submissions are preferred, but you may mail to:
ATTN: IT Manager Search
1440 Broadway, Suite 301
Oakland, CA 94612
No phone calls, please. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
People of color, queer and gender non-conforming people are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.